Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Catchin' Up Part 2: More "Boutique Beauties Show" Paintings

I've noticed for a LONG time, that i like to collect things. Duh! Not just for the sake of collecting(mostly) but to one day use these items as canvas. When i walk by a flea market, yard sale, dumpster, etc... i wonder, "what treasures lay within"? I can't help it! I've collected things such as used and broken skateboards(which you might already know), cupboard doors(you've seen my 'Wonderland' pieces?), broken chair seats, random pieces of wood and driftwood, old abandoned instruments... to name a few. I still get the urge to buy new stretched canvas, but i have to stop myself! Why keep buying new stuff when i have a closet and storage room FULL of "canvas" just waiting to be painted on!?

So, for the "Boutique Beauties Show" i finally decided it was time to use some of my odd "canvases". I still have a TON of shit to go through, but this is a good start...

Here are a few of my plastic drum skin paintings. I still have to go through the fibre drum heads i have and a HUGE pile of broken and dented cymbals, an old bass and speakers covers.

Hmmm... maybe a musical themed art show in the near future??

"Jezebel"
Mixed on plastic drum skin
May/June 2010


"Jezebel" (detail)
Mixed on plastic drum skin
May/June 2010


"Isis"
Mixed on plastic drum skin
May/June 2010
sold

"Isis" (detail)
Mixed on plastic drum skin
May/June 2010
 sold

"Satan's Lil' Helper"
Mixed on plastic drum skin
May/June 2010
sold

1 comment:

Lilium said...

Congratulations very beautiful! :-)